Sometimes we lose our important data due to any virus attack, hard disk crash etc. To avoid such instances of data loss, copies of data is created. The process of making copies of original data that can be used in case of data loss event is known as Data Backup.
As backup system consisted of minimum one copy of all data, the data storage requirements are extensive. Organizing storage space and managing the huge data volumes is a complicated task. Structure of the storage can be defined using data repository model. There are many types of data storage devices that can be used for backup purposes. These devices can provide geographic independency, data security, and portability.
Issues in Data Backup
Besides other issues in Data Backup, following are the most common issues faced while taking Back Up:
- Long Back Up Time: Depending on the type of backup solution you have opted for, daily backup of your data takes it time. Sometimes it takes long time ranging from 4 to 5 hours depending on data volume and data solution.
- Redundant Data Backups: The most common issue faced during data backup is of duplicate data. Except from the original data backup, system is forced also to take the data of files for which backup has already been taken because of data duplicacy.
- Long Data Recovery Time: In case of data loss, system goes to backup and tries to recover it. Data recovery time depends on your choice of backup solution. Sometimes it is just a single click and at other times it takes few days to recover lost data.
- Back Up Failures: Sometimes data backup fails because of connection failure or some other problem. This would also add to your Backup time.
All these Back Up issues could create problems for you but at SmartSnake, our tech experts can solve your problem with their efficient data backup services.
We provide the following services to our customers:
- Easy access to Data: Our technicians help you in quickly accessing your data backup. We help you with our assistance in creating back up your documents on your computer.
- Worry free backup and restore: At SmartSnake we create copy of your data remotely that can be used in case of any loss of data.
- Safe and Secure controls: We consolidate the fragmented files on your hard disk by rearranging the data which results in increased efficiency of your computer.
- Ability to share and edit: You can easily edit the Back Up and share it.
Why SmartSnake as a support service?
We provide excellent Technical Support for 24x7 and 365 days across the globe. Our team is efficient and technically competent to tackle issues encountered during Data Backup. We have an outstanding track record of 90% First Call Resolution. Our Certified Experts believes in Customer First approach. So they not only provide complete resolution but provide an explanation of what caused the issue so that you may try and minimize chances of recurrence of the same issue in future. We provide you a hassle free computing and a complete peace of mind. Post installation, we help you with set-up and configure other peripherals and update respected drivers.
What kind of backup options should small or medium businesses consider?
There could be many option of data backup like external hard drives, CDs etc., but these are not so reliable. We at SmartSnake offer you reliable backup solutions. Our Certified technicians assist you to create a back up all your documents, pictures and other files from your PC. The volume of data determines the best backup solution for any business.
What features needs to be considered in a backup solution?
The most important features to be considered for choosing any backup solutions are cost, easy backup, and easy backup recovery.
- Cost: Finding a best available backup solution in the budget is always a big concern. We at SmartSnake offer you with excellent cost friendly backup solutions. Finding the most feasible solution within your budget which is satisfying your backup requirements is an important consideration.
- Ease of backup: All Backup solutions are not alike. Some run in second’s while others need hours. Some Backup solutions allow you to work simultaneously while others require complete use of system resources. If your business requirement is 20 hours a day then choosing a backup solution taking five hours of system time, is not a right decision.
- Ease of recovery: When a business' data is lost, it tries recovering its lost information from backup. At that time if your backup plan takes one click to be back it is a good choice. Otherwise if it takes several days to recover the Backup, it is obviously not a good choice.
How frequently backup is required?
This depends upon the frequency of modifying the important data or information. The frequency of modifying the documents, decides the frequency of data backup.